ALPS is pleased to be able to provide another avenue for our policyholders to report claims or, just as important, facts and/or circumstances which may give rise to a potential claim. After taking as many reasonable precautions as possible to ensure a claim reported through email is not removed by the necessary filters we must employ to protect the integrity of our email system, ALPS will accept claim and potential claim notices though our dedicated claims notification email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do notify us of a claim via email, please follow these simple steps:
- On the subject line of the email enter the Named Insured and the Potential Claimant.
- In the body of the email, please give us:
- The Named Insured for the policy
- The name of the party who is or may assert a claim
- A discussion of the facts and circumstances which are at issue and which might be necessary for someone having no prior knowledge of the situation to put everything into context.
- When you hit send, you will receive email back confirming your notice was received.
- Print a copy of this response as verification of your notice.
- If you do not receive the email, your notice did not go through and you will need to follow up by submitting a written and mailed notice.
- Please note: You may want to check your junk mail folder as different email platforms treat our ALPS emails differently.
That’s it. Also, please remember that timely notice is the key to a claims made and reported professional liability policy like the ALPS policy. We hope the addition of email notification of claims is helpful to our policyholders.